Night Owl, Peaceful Sorrow and Steve Shaw
- Date: June 22nd, 2019
- Doors open: 6 p.m.
- Show starts: 7:30 p.m.
- Location: Sew Threaded. 121 E. Mulberry, Lebanon, OH
There are a limited number of tickets for this house show. Only 36 tickets available. NO REFUNDS.
When you purchase a TICKET you will be sent a verification email and added to the guest list. From there, just show up and have a good time.
Parking - Parking is available next to the building. There is also street parking.
BYOB - Bring your own adult beverages. Small coolers welcome.
There will be options to sit and/or stand.
DONATIONS welcome at the door to help cover the cost of the house show. Text any questions to: 513-649-2666.
ABOUT NIGHT OWL
Rob Mohan is a Cincinnati-based musician who has been performing across different genres for well over a decade. His latest project, Night Owl was first developed while living in San Francisco as a means to release a collection of acoustic songs.
Relocating to Cincinnati, he continues to play under the Night Owl moniker. As a solo musician, he relies heavily on open tunings to create a deep rich presence behind introspective lyrics with a style that has been compared to the likes of John Fahey and M. Ward.
- Night Owl on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/nightowloh
- Night Owl on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/6khKmbMt4afVHGG419NPVL?si=o1KNg_NvSR6DTIRCDlLhPA
- Night Owl on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nightowlnoise/
Peaceful Sorrow is less about emotional melodrama and more about artistic opportunity. As a person, one may spend their life searching for joy; however, joy is elusive and life demands ingenuity. Such is the case with Cincinnati Folk trio, Peaceful Sorrow. As the founding member, Yust's emotionally honest songs are soulful and sweet. The emotional honesty is complemented by Chen's classical temprament on Viola and Hall's improvisational impulses on Cello.
Together the group is creating a new Folk idiom within the old Folk paradigm. That’s what it seems to be about for this emerging group--accepting the reality in which you exist and expressing something beautiful and honest. Your life may not always be filled with joy. And the joy you experience is sometimes overcome by sorrow. But there is always peace to be found in the experience.
- Adam Yust - Guitar, Piano, Harmonica, Banjo and Lead Vocals.
- Indigo Hall - Cello, Bass, Guitar and Vocals
- Ping Chen - Viola, Violin, Piano and Ukelele
- Peaceful Sorrow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/PeacefulSorrowBand
- Peaceful Sorrow on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/6khKmbMt4afVHGG419NPVL?si=o1KNg_NvSR6DTIRCDlLhPA
- Peaceful Sorrow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/band_peacefulsorrow/
ABOUT STEVE SHAW
Ohio singer songwriter Steve Shaw infuses passion and emotion into a lo-fi, intimate sound, presenting you with not just songs but personal stories and thoughts that are memorable and intense.
His style is a quirky combination of classic grunge-era power, with a heaping infusion of modern indie favorites. Damien Jurado. Kurt Kobain. Mark Kozelez. Edit Brickell. Jason Molina. It's all in here, somewhere.
- Steve Shaw on Instagram @steveshawmusic
- Steve Shaw on Spotify: